From: Xavier Montagutelli (xavier.montagutelli_at_unilim.fr)
Date: Mon 26 Sep 2005 - 16:26:25 BST

Hello,

To make it short : is there any help / doc about the "build" option of the
"vserver" command ?

Kernel: 2.6.12.4-vs2.0
vserver version : 0.30.208

To make it longer : I have installed a VServer host based on RedHat EL 4. To
make a new vserver based on this distribution, I have :

1) installed the "apt-rpm" command on the host

2) copied the content of /usr/local/lib/util-vserver/distributions/fc4
to /usr/local/lib/util-vserver/distributions/rhel4,

3) constructed a repository for the redhat packages and indexed it with
"genbasedir"

4) copied /etc/vservers/.distributions/fc4
to /etc/vservers/.distributions/rhel4 and put a line for my repository.

Everything seems to work fine, the new vserver made with : "vserver newvs
build -m apt-rpm -- -d rhel4" works. But I am a bit confused and I would like
to understand better how "vserver build .." works. For instance, how can I
use the method "rpm" instead of "apt-rpm", which is the preferred method,
etc.

Did I miss some doc ? Or do I have to read the sources to understand it
better ?

Thx

--
Xavier Montagutelli