From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell_at_digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Mon 03 Oct 2005 - 06:34:04 BST

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 09:54:54PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> I'm trying to get a program called mooix running in VServer and it
> seems to need CAP_SYS_ADMIN or CAP_SYS_RESOURCE, and I don't
> understand why.
>
> The error if both are turned off is:
>
> Starting Mooix: moodmood: uids.c:125: reclaim: Assertion `pid != -1'
> failed.
>
> Digging into the code, that line is just the assert in:
>
> pid = fork();
> assert(pid != -1);
[snip]

I think I figured out the problem. mooix tries to *reduce* its
nproc, and it was doing so to a value that (for some reason I don't
understand) was turning out to be too small inside VServer (that is:
10 :-).

So this problem is solved. Nevermind.

-Robin

Reason #237 To Learn Lojban: "Homonyms: Their Grate!"
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/