Re: [Vserver] Read this guide if you plan to give vs20 a try! [Comment: Please dont use these by now! I spotted some problems - updates to come]

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sat 08 Oct 2005 - 15:19:14 BST

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 08:40:35AM +0200, stefan julius wrote:
> Hello Herbert,
> I have a special question to the "Step-by-Step" documentation, I tried
> for several days to install vs2.0 and yesterday I've read this comment
> in the subject.

well, it was an early feedback, and IMHO the step-by-step
guide should work fine ...

> Now I wanna know if it is not possible to install these version or
> shpould I try to install the older version "VServer 1.2.10"

not unless you are using 2.4 kernels ...
(see http://linux-vserver.org/Release+FAQ for details)

http://linux-vserver.org/Step-by-Step+Guide+2.6

> as with the vs2.0, because I have patched the kernel with
> "patch-2.6.12.4-vs2.0.diff.bz2"!

which should be a good choice ...

btw, what _were_ the issues with installing vs2.0?