[Vserver] anyone else running this hardware combination? generic questions for a vserver host.

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Thu 13 Oct 2005 - 18:44:26 BST

we have a Dell 6350 poweredge server with a DRAC-2 card installed.
Does anyone else have this DRAC 2 setup running successfully under 2.6
kernels? the host machine itself works flawlessly with our kernel, but the
boss wants the DRAC enabled if possible. they do not provide sources and the
newest rpms they supply are for redhat enterprise. which we are not running.
our host is a Gentoo 2005.1 system using a vanilla 2.6.13.3 kernel patched
with 2.1.0 vserver. 2.6.13.3-vs2.1.0-rc4

I've never tried, can I load a pre-compiled module for a 2.4 kernel into a 2.6
without introducing instability?

--
Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,