Re: [Vserver] Can't bind-mount host->guest

From: Bruno <bonbons67_at_internet.lu>
Date: Sat 29 Oct 2005 - 17:18:55 BST

I'm running util-vserver-0.30.205-r1.

On my host I have folowing line for portage in fstab:
/home/snapshot.sqfs /usr/portage squashfs loop,ro 0 0

For each guest I have following line in fstab:
/usr/portage /usr/portage bind bind,ro 0 0

The problem is that the host's /usr/portage has to be unmounted and mounted
again to get updated (it's a compressed read-only filesystem which is mounted
there, a new image being generated on each sync; thus images must be
exchanged).
When I unmount portage on the host, all guests still see the old portage tree
and loop device is not released because it's still busy.
When mounting the new portage tree the guest are on the old tree, and host
uses next loop device.

I have to restart all the guests for them to see the new portage tree... which
I would like to avoid. Distfiles is shared on a read-wrtie partition and
works fine.