Re: [Vserver] (bind-)mount tmpfs into VServer?

From: Bruno <bonbons67_at_internet.lu>
Date: Fri 11 Nov 2005 - 19:59:50 GMT

On Friday 11 November 2005 14:13, Guenther Fuchs wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> on Friday, November 11, 2005 at 13:48 on the list was posted:
> > Is it also possible to (u)mount a ramdisk dynamically, i.e., without
> > restarting the vserver?
>
> I'm sure there's a way, hence I personally don't know it yet ;-)
>
> Probably a look into util-vserver tools / documentation, especially
> relation to secure-mount (found in .../lib/util-vservers/secure-mount)
> or an answer from Enrico might help you.
The way to solve this should be:
vnamespace -e <id> mount -n src /vservers/veserver/target -t ramfs

<id> : context-id of the vserver (vserver name may work as well depending on
your vserver-utils version)

You can bind anything that is visible in a vserver guest (or was visible on
the host when the guest was started)
Mounts across namespaces are not possible yet (e.g. bind some directory of
floppy/cdrom from host to guest is drive was mounter after guest was started)

Bruno