Re: [Vserver] Install from cd's?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 12 Dec 2005 - 13:29:18 GMT

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 07:44:01PM +0700, John Francis Lee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having no success installing a guest server, kernel 2.6.14.3-rc10
> and 0.30.209 utilities, using the apt-rpm, yum or skeleton methods.
> I'll try again next weekend.

well, maybe a small hint _what_ issues you are seeing
would help a lot to figure what went wrong, and would
allow us to help you too ...

> Can I just use the cd's that I used to install the system? How can i
> specify the cd's as a source of the software?

you can use _whatever_ method to install a linux
distribution, but the installation from CDs is not
supported by the userspace tools, because there are
so many different distro CDs out there, and each of
them uses its own installation method ... nevertheless
you could use the CDs to _install_ a distro to some
lvm volume or disk partition and use that (after some
cleaning up) for your guest (with the skeleton method)

HTH,
Herbert