Re: [Vserver] Script testfs.sh on Reiser3

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Mon 19 Dec 2005 - 12:16:18 GMT

On Sun December 18 2005 21:39, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 12:39:44PM -0600, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> > Group,
> >
> > The only conclusion I can reach is either
> > something is broke or incomplete in lsattr
>
> humm, why?

A new-comer's mistake - I foolishly thought that
the stock extended attribute lister would also
show the vserver portion of the extended attributes.

> > or Perhaps the script should not be expecting
> > that the output of lsattr on a reiser3 filesystem
> > to make any sense.
>
> again, why? for me it looks pretty fine?
> please elaborate what am I missing ...

Documentation induced cockpit error -

I configured kernel and util-vserver without the
legacy interface as recommended.

Then happened to cut and paste the usage of
testfs.sh from an example that included the
" -l " (ell) option.

Test script works much better when you don't
tell it to use an interface that isn't there.

A corrected example and some other Reiserfs
gotch's are in my summary mail.

Mike