Re: [Vserver] Tomcat on Vserver

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 11 Jan 2006 - 15:15:37 GMT

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 12:10:45PM +0000, Khan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having some problems installing tomcat5 on vserver guest. I think
> it can't listen on guest's IP addresses. How Can I force tomcat to
> listen only on guest IP.

inside the guest it can listen to 0.0.0.0 as well as
to the guest IPs, it should not really matter.

check that a) there is nothing bound to the port(s)
on the host b) that your guest is actually reachable
for your tests c) the service starts properly ...

as usually, more details regarding version of the
kernel, patches, util-vserver, tomcat and the guest
configuration would be appreciated ...