Re: [Vserver] Problems with /etc/security/limits.conf

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Sun 15 Jan 2006 - 20:51:29 GMT

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 09:23:25PM +0100, Marcel Gsteiger wrote:
> Hi all
>
> One of my applications creates entries in /etc/security/limits.conf
> (e.g. nofile limits). This leads to problems with the su command
> (setrlimit calls fail). Is there a way to enable this via a
> capability?
>
> I tried to add the line
>
> SET_RLIMIT

the bcapability CAP_SYS_RESOURCE is responsible for
for setting resouce limits in and outside the guest

as you can see on http://linux-vserver.org/Caps+And+Flags
the relevant context capability SET_RLIMIT is called
'rlimit' in the config file ...

> to /etc/vserver/ccapabilities, but then when I start my VServer, I get
> a message Unknown ccap 'VXC_SET_RLIMIT'

no unexpected, that's how the capability is called
in the kernel, not for the configuration ...

> I'm using VServer 2.0.1pre2 .
>
> Any ideas?

for recent linux-vserver kernels we are investigating
if CAP_SYS_RESOURCE is safe to give ... any feedback
would be appreciated ...

TIA,
Herbert