[Vserver] debootstrap problems

From: J.Paechnatz <jpaechnatz_at_bfe-systemhaus.de>
Date: Wed 18 Jan 2006 - 14:40:52 GMT

hi there!

I'm trying the following on an ubuntu host:

debootstrap --verbose --arch i386 breezy /space/vservers/test1
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

or

debootstrap --verbose --arch i386 sarge /space/vservers/test2
http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian

I tried the ubuntu version of debootstrap 0.3.1.6 (I think) and version
0.3.3 of debian.

in both cases:
debootstrap.log shows some /dev/null permission denied entries.

breezy:
W: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be attempted 5 times.
at least "I:Base system installed successfully." but it does NOT work.

sarge:
var/cache/apt/archives/bash_2.05b-26_i386.deb
var/cache/apt/archives/e2fsprogs_1.37-2sarge1_i386.deb
and exits with
W: Failure while unpacking required packages. This will be attempted up
to five times.

could somebody help me or give me some advise, please?
the whole thing is thought as preparation for a vserver test, but if
debootstrap is not working properly, it seems senseless for me to continue.

thanks!

cu joh.

--
http://www.paechnatz.de/