Re: [Vserver] Logo design

From: Bernd Petrovitsch <bernd_at_firmix.at>
Date: Fri 20 Jan 2006 - 15:22:00 GMT

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 09:17 -0600, Matt Nuzum wrote:
> On 1/19/06, Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote:
> > maybe we should try to register it or something
> > like that? anybody who knows about the legal
> > details here (and maybe about the costs?)
> >
> > I'm confident,
> > Herbert
>
> In the USA (and most western countries, I believe), a creator
> automatically has copyright for original works. It's enough to simply

ACK.

> say that the mark is copyrighted and all rights are reserved (in most

Don't say "mark" if you mean "work". And it *is* copyrighted (at least
in the free world) automatically - no need for notices etc.

> cases). If you want to register it as a trademark or service mark then
> there are costs involved.

Exactly. Since the USPTO and "Madrid" (the city where the EU trademark
office is) was mentioned, I would assume that the point is to have a
registered trademark (i.e. in the law sense).

        Bernd

          Embedded Linux Development and Services