Re: [Vserver] please avoid vs2.1.0.5-vs2.1.0.7 ...

From: Martin Koniczek <martin_at_koniczek.de>
Date: Sun 29 Jan 2006 - 08:37:14 GMT

Mike O'Connor wrote:
> So which patch is safe for a 2.6.15 kernel and to the best of knowledge
> works correctly ?

For this cases, Herbert provided a special Patch Version for 2.1.0.5
(just a minor cleanup and the bug mentioned in this thread fixed)

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.6.15-vs2.1.0.5.1.diff

(the front page http://linux-vserver.org/ got updated accordingly)

It works nice for my test scenarios at least, but it is of course still
a patch of the "experimental" tree, and becomes outdated quickly.

> I ask this because 2.6.15 is the only stable kernel which as support for
> ATA path thought for SATA, which is important for server reliability.
>
> I suppose the best thing would be someone with more skill then me to
> take a stable vs2.0 patch and get it working with the current stable
kernel.

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.6.15-vs2.0.1.2.diff
is the latest patch of the stable version and is reported to work?

cu,
        cohan