Re: [Vserver] BME and CoW as split patches available?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 02 Feb 2006 - 11:09:31 GMT

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 12:07:38PM +0100, Wilhelm Meier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> probably a simple question: are the BME and CoW-link-breaking
> extensions available as single patches.

> If yes, where?

BME against mainline 2.6.16-rc1:

 http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/split-2.6.16-rc1-bme0.06.2/
 http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-2.6.16-rc1-bme0.06.2.diff

CoW parts against mainline 2.6.16-rc1:

 http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/del-2.6.16-rc1-vs2.1.0.9/37_cow.diff

note that CoW is _designed_ for link breaking not
for 'traditional' copy on write stuff, so it
requires a marker (the immutable but unlink combo)
to work, and it is just devel grade stuff ...

> And for kernel 2.6.15?

nope, not publicly available atm, if you can make
a good argument, we can arrange something though.