Re: [Vserver] vservers don't start after update to 2.01

From: Jens Holze <yodahome_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu 02 Feb 2006 - 11:52:58 GMT

2006/1/27, Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 11:15:43AM +0100, Jens Holze wrote:

> > > could you provide the output of 'vserver-info - SYSINFO'
> > > and the results from the testme.sh run ?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > Herbert

> > Hi!
> >
> > Sure, here they are.
> >
> > Jens
> >
> > --
> > "Wars not make one great" - Master Yoda
> > yodahome_at_googlemail.com - http://yodahome.de
> > ICQ: 252623701
>
> > Versions:
> > Kernel: 2.6.14.4
> > VS-API: 0x00020001
> > util-vserver: 0.30.209; Jan 13 2006, 13:06:10
> >
> > Features:
> > CC: gcc, gcc (GCC) 4.0.1 20050727 (Red Hat 4.0.1-5)
> > CXX: g++, g++ (GCC) 4.0.1 20050727 (Red Hat 4.0.1-5)
> > CPPFLAGS: ''
> > CFLAGS: '-g -O2 -std=c99 -Wall -pedantic -W -funit-at-a-time'
> > CXXFLAGS: '-g -O2 -ansi -Wall -pedantic -W -fmessage-length=0 -funit-at-a-time'
> > build/host: i686-pc-linux-gnu/i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > Use dietlibc: yes
> > Build C++ programs: yes
> > Build C99 programs: yes
> > Available APIs: compat,v11,v13,fscompat,net,oldproc,olduts
> > ext2fs Source: e2fsprogs
> > syscall(2) invocation: alternative
> > vserver(2) syscall#: 273/glibc
> >
> > Paths:
> > prefix: /
> > sysconf-Directory: ${prefix}/etc
> > cfg-Directory: ${prefix}/etc/vservers
> > initrd-Directory: $(sysconfdir)/init.d
> > pkgstate-Directory: ${prefix}/var/run/vservers
> > vserver-Rootdir: /vservers
>
> try to configure the tools with the following
> ./configure line instead (after you uninstalled
> the currently installed ones wit e.g. make uninstall)
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --with-vrootdir=/vservers
>
> then please try again ...

I was busy with some other stuff but today I managed to do that. I
uninstalled the tools and then configured them anew with the dirs you
send me. Then I installed it from ground up BUT it still doesn't work.
Same error message, no change at all.

> rationale: we found a very strange bug, which
> makes tools configured with --prefix=/ act like
> drunk ...

Yeah, that description fits. But if even a fully new installation
doesn't fix it what else could I try?

Regards,

Jens

--