Re: [Vserver] [FIxed] Gentoo-Baselayout 1.20-pre8 broken ?

From: Oliver Welter <mail_at_oliwel.de>
Date: Tue 21 Feb 2006 - 10:04:41 GMT

Hi Folks,

it seems that the update process from the very old baselayout caused the
problem - I fixed it with first upgrading to 1.11 and then going up to
1.20.
Works for me, the only sginificant differnce I found is, that 1.11
upgrad emerged a new sysvinit and updated some config-files that 1.20 didnt.

If anyone is interested I can provide the used guest for testing

Oliver

Oliver Welter wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>>> I downgraded to 1.11 and its running all fine now...so I guess there is
>>> a bug in the 1.20 release.
>>
>> Hrm. Never heard of such an error (an never encountered one ..). Which
>> commands did you exactly run ? (AFAIR there was some magic needed, but
>> not sure)
>
> Basically syslog-ng and sshd and some mailserver related stuff - the
> error was everytime the same - it seemed that start-stop-daemon is not
> working properly
>
> Oliver

Diese Nachricht wurde digital unterschrieben
oliwel's public key: http://www.oliwel.de/oliwel.crt
Basiszertifikat: http://www.ldv.ei.tum.de/page72