Re: [Vserver] Unifying Gentoo Guests

From: Sam Vilain <sam_at_vilain.net>
Date: Sun 26 Feb 2006 - 22:04:31 GMT

Oliver Welter wrote:
>>>eergh - it seems that vunify does not support gentoo guest. Anyone
>>>here can help me out ?
>>
>>Implementing the 'get-conffiles' operation for the 'gentoo' case in
>>'scripts/vpkg' should help. I do not know gentoo enough to develop it
>>myself.
>
> As gentoo hast no binary packages and the result of compilation depends
> on LOTS of flags I see no way to make this...

My unify-dirs script is completely ambivalent to the packaging system in
use by the installed systems. So long as the files have the same
contents, permissions, ownership and relative location, they will be
unified. However it does currently rely on a 'legacy' ioctl.

   http://vserver.utsl.gen.nz/scripts/unify-dirs

(to be included with non-legacy support in Linux::VServer)

Sam.