Re: [Vserver] Create a guest

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 05 Apr 2006 - 17:01:02 BST

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 05:26:08PM +0200, Albert Shih wrote:
> Le 29/03/2006 à 16:39:24+0200, Herbert Poetzl a écrit
> > On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 04:14:11PM +0200, Albert Shih wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > Maybe very stupid question, but have a server running FC4 with
> > > vserver-patch kernel.
> > >
> > > I want launch two guest with same version of linux but I don't want
> > > make a big copy. How can I do that ?
> > > Where can I find a documentation for make guest with hard-link ?
> >
> > vunify and vhashif will do that for you (note:
> > they will not unfiy with the host fs)
> >
> > http://linux-vserver.org/alpha+util-vserver
> > (check the Directory/vserver unification section)
> >

> Well it's seem I'm very stupid man....
>
> I've install my first vserver succefuly with the documentation on the
> website.
>
> Now I want duplicate my first server to a second server. The only
> difference between us is the IP number. How can I do that ?

with vunify or vhashify as described on the page I
mentioned above ...

> You tell me (and Thanks you for that) I can use vunify and mayby
> vhasif, but I don't understand what's this command do.

those commands look for identical files and converts
them to unified (hard linked and protected)

> In the documentation It's describe how can use vunify but not (well my
> english is not very good) what's he does...

unification means that you get hard links for identical
files, which are protected by the immutable attribute
and flagged with the immutable link inversion to allow
update of unified files

> Anyone can help me ?

HTH,
Herbert