Re: [Vserver] using djbdns (tinydns & dnscache) from within vserver

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 12 Apr 2006 - 16:22:58 BST

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 11:43:20AM -0300, Pablo Gonzalez Mateos wrote:
> Hi, I'm actually running djbdns over a vserver and it runs great !!.
> Even I didn't to add any capabilities, it just worked with defaults.
> Perhaps you have problems running the supervise service that usually
> its started from /etc/inittab, and inside the vps you don't have
> inittab...

just for the record, with the 'plain' init style you
have init and inittab inside the guest ...

> I wrote an ugly script to get djbdns working, and qmail to, to be
> started like any other sysv daemon.

yes, that is a good approach too, the djb-inittab
stuff is more a sign that the author doesn't trust
his applications to keep running, therefore he
makes sure that they are restarted when they bail
out :)