Re: [Vserver] Having problems with dlimits on 0.30.210?

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Wed 19 Apr 2006 - 13:47:29 BST

Kevin Pendleton wrote:
> So I am having problems getting the new dlimits option working with
> util-vserver 0.30.210. First off, there appears to be some differences
> between the great flower page configuration compared with this doc on
> the linux-vserver.org site:
>
> http://linux-vserver.org/Disk+Limits
>
> The difference being the addition of a subfolder under dlimits. Without
> adding a 0 subfolder, all settings were completely ignored. Once the
> proper files were inside of the 0 subfolder, the total settings were
> applied but the usage settings were not correctly calculated.

The flower page does say /etc/vservers/<vserver-name>/dlimits/<dlimit>.

> I saw this error once, "vserver: vdlimit: vc_get_dlimit(): No such
> process", but have not seen it again, even after deleting the cache
> file. (also the cache file was never recreated after deleting it.)

The error message probably appeared when you stopped the guest for the
first time after adding the limit to the configuration.
The cache is only created after a clean shutdown, and then removed when
you start the guest again.

> du -sh testing.com/
> 691M testing.com/
>
> df -h (inside vserver):
> /dev/hdv1 2.0G 40K 1.9G 1% /
> none 150M 0 150M 0% /tmp
>
> (before deleted)
> cat /etc/vservers/testing.com/cache/dlimits/737_vservers_testing.com_:
> space_used=4
> inodes_used=2
>
> If I use the following script on the context it works fine:
>
> /usr/sbin/vdlimit --xid 737 --set space_total=2097152 --set
> space_used=`du -s /vservers/testing.com/ | awk '{print $1}'` --set
> inodes_total=2097152 --set inodes_used=`ls -1aRi /vservers/testing.com/
> | awk '/^[0-9]+ / { print $1 }' | sort -u | wc -l` --set reserved=5
> /vservers/testing.com/
>
> df -h (inside vserver):
> /dev/hdv1 2.0G 691M 1.3G 36% /
> none 150M 0 150M 0% /tmp

Are you sure all the files in the guest are tagged with the correct xid?
vdu checks the xid of the files to make sure it doesn't sum unified
files, and that the files will actually be subtracted from the usage
when they're removed.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412