Re: [Vserver] secure a guest against the host's root-account

From: Tony Lewis <gnutered_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue 25 Apr 2006 - 11:25:37 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

>On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 08:02:43AM +0200, Oliver Welter wrote:
>

>>So, is there any way to do this?
>>

>definitely, if you plan to pursue this direction,
>please contact me and I will see what I can do.

I think this would be a valuable addition to vservers. One of the risks
of "renting" a virtual server (pick your flavour) is that you're not
safe from the hosting sysadmin. If vservers could offer something like
that, it's a real selling point. It's much closer to a dedicated server
then, in terms of (quasi) physical security.

Tony