Re: [Vserver] vserver features

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu 27 Apr 2006 - 00:32:42 BST

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 08:48:36PM +0200, Jonathan Dray wrote:
> 2006/4/24, Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>:

> > > I've read something about virtual network devices and the ngnet
> > > project. Is it the futur changed you are talking about?
> >
> > yes, ngnet will provide the features (and overhead)
> > virtual networking has, for those who desperately
> > want it ...
>
> ngnet seems to be under developpement right now.

well, yes and no ...

> Is there any roadmap or / and information about the project's
> progression ?

we had successful tests with a proff-of-concept
implementation some kernel versions back, which
showed that it 'basically' works as expected

> Anyway, is there a working version of ngnet I might use ?

not at the moment, and probably not in the next
month, as I was looking forward to a mainline
compatible version, which seems delayed again

> If it's the case where should I find accurate documentation ?

if you want to know details, best visit the irc
channel (#vserver @ irc.oftc.net) and have a chat
with me (Bertl)

> Are there special requirements (kernel patch version, util-verser ?)

for now, you can consider it non-existant, in
the near future, it will be a special branch,
after that it will become part of the main
devel and later stable branch ...

HTH,
Herbert