Re: [Vserver] chkrootkit

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Sun 30 Apr 2006 - 11:31:21 BST

On Sunday 30 April 2006 06:18 am, Nikolay Kichukov wrote:

it appears it is a normal report. after discussion with the developers, i find
that our mail server runs many hidden/private processes momentarily and since
we have ssl/tls enabled this is a normal result on port 465.

> I hope that is normal and there is no need to worry. Nice one Chuck! ;-)
>
> Regards,
> -Nikolay Kichukov
>
> On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 23:23 -0400, Chuck wrote:
> > i just ran chkrootkit on our vserver host and got this... i suspect this
is a
> > result of the vserver patches and is normal? or should i worry?
> >
> > Checking `bindshell'... INFECTED (PORTS: 465)
> > Checking `lkm'... You have 1 process hidden for readdir command
> > You have 1 process hidden for ps command
> > chkproc: Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed
> >

> --
> Когато сме щастливи, сме добри.
> Но когато сме добри, не винаги сме щастливи...
> -Оскар Уайлд

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book