[Vserver] Vserver on Fedora Core 5 - kernel issue

From: Jens Holze <webmaster_at_yodahome.de>
Date: Fri 05 May 2006 - 15:54:42 BST

Hi!

I just tried to install Vserver after upgrading to Fedora Core 5. I was
quite relieved to be able to use the rpms by Daniel and I did exactly as the
howto instructed. I installed both kernel(-smp) and utils from dhozac's
repository. However when I wanted to finish and rebooted I realized that the
system didn't come up . Actually it hangs right after the message
"activating quotas..." appears and the boot process switches to graphical
booting. The system just locks and that's it.

I do have these two kernels installed right now: 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 which was
there initially and 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5.vs2.0.2.0.rc19.1 .

The first kernel still works fine. I also tried the patched non-smp kernel,
same thing. Anybody here who experienced something similar? I let the system
wait over night and somehow the boot process must have continued at one
point but the system seemed broken then.

Any idea is apreciated!

Regards

Jens Holze

--