Re: [Vserver] VPS time differ from HOST time ??? why

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 10 May 2006 - 16:52:55 BST

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:32:51PM +0200, Sébastien CRAMATTE wrote:
> VPS time differ from HOST time ??? why
>
> I've changed my host server time but my VPS keep
> running with the old one.

that is very unusual
did you change the time or just the timezone?

> If I try to do change date inside vps I obtain operation not
> permited and It's correct because I haven't added the cap to
> do that.

that is expected behaviour, as by design, the
guests are synchronized with the host time, only
the timezone might differ

> So anyone could tell me how can I update datetime without
> give cap? It seems to be logical the host give datetime to
> all vps.

and that's how it works ..

> I will go to synchronise the host date/time with ntp
> but in this case what about my VPS ?

should pick up the synchronized time from the host,
except for the timezone, which can be adjusted per
guest ...

HTH,
Herbert