[Vserver] My ISP unable to use ntp ; ( - How can I change /etc/localtime with ntp?

From: Robert Michel <news_at_robertmichel.de>
Date: Fri 19 May 2006 - 12:08:17 BST

Salve,

on of my vserver is hosted by xantron.de and this ISP is unable
to use ntp.... tzzz
The timeshift is now > 5 minutes....

Could I change /etc/localtime with ntp to correct the time myself?
How?

On the longterm, it would be nice to have a better timesolution
for vservers - the vserver should be able to use ntp and the
host server should be like the Bios clock - only serving
first information at boottime and serving the beat of seconds...
It should be possibel to use the time independent form a manipulation
of the ISP....

Greetings,
rob