Re: [Vserver] Making and using devices inside vservers

From: Corey Wright <undefined_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed 24 May 2006 - 22:05:06 BST

> Hello all,
>
> Could someone elaborate on how to make devices available inside a
> vserver? (/dev/tty[0-9] or /dev/mem) etc.

can't you just copy the desired file from /dev to /vservers/<name>/dev or
do a mknod, either one as root from the host?

> I would like to be able to burn a cd under a vserver, or even run X.

appears you need some additional capabilities for writing optical media.
search for Akito's conversations in these irc transcripts.

http://irc.13thfloor.at/LOG/2005-12/LOG_2005-12-19.txt
http://irc.13thfloor.at/LOG/2005-12/LOG_2005-12-21.txt

if that doesn't get you all the way there, it should at least give you
enough key words to perform google searches on.

corey

--
undefined@pobox.com