Re: [Vserver] Transparently Creating Multiple Instances of Vservers Using COW?

From: Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat 03 Jun 2006 - 15:55:53 BST

2006/6/3, Bruno <bonbons67@internet.lu>:
> This mail of the thread I mentionned has a patch:
> http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/msg13024.html
>
> Note that it may or may not work... Never tried it myself.

I've been looking at this patch some time ago.

Most of the diff is migration from semaphores to mutexes (porting to
2.6.16 IIRC), which has since been done in the upstream version.

All the extra parameters have null values, which (as I have read
somewhere, this ML probably) is an ugly hack as it breaks bind mount
extensions. Unfortunately, I won't probably fix it myself due to
permanent -ENOTIME :(

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek