[Vserver] localhost problems revisited

From: Mike Schneider <mike.schneider_at_ipsi.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue 13 Jun 2006 - 16:20:59 BST

Hello,

I'm at my last try to port an OpenExchange server, setup
with SLES9 and the commercial Version of OX, to a VServer.

I've gotten so far that everything seems to work, apart from
the admin interface, which is written in java. Which makes
debugging hard.

I've narrowed the problem down to the 127.0.0.1 interface
If I map lo into the vserver (ip,mask,bcast,nodev), the admin
interface will let me in.

If I just redirect localhost to the guest's first ip in /etc/hosts,
I get no cigar and no login, just 'inavlid credentials'

I'm running
Linux 2.6.16.16-vs2.0.2-rc20-smp
Ea 0.30.210 273/glibc

Anyone have any hints on setting this up secutrely?

Kind regards,
Mike Schneider

Dipl. Inform. Mike Schneider
IT Systems Management Associate
IT-Systems Management Division
Fraunhofer IPSI
Dolivostrasse 15, 64293 Darmstadt, Germany
Phone: +49 6151 869-845, Fax: +49 6151 869-819
E-mail: mike.schneider@ipsi.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ipsi.fraunhofer.de/~mikeschneider