[Vserver] Friendly user interface to the vserver command(s)

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Wed 14 Jun 2006 - 17:16:58 BST

I am trying to build a more user-friendly interface to the util-vserver
commands. Similar to the linuxconf interface Jacques created for the
vserver-utils.

There was a semi-thread on this several months ago with a suggestion for
using 'make menuconfig' and this would be find but I, personally, am not
into learning another language at this time.

So what I'm looking for is the processes for common vserver stuff.

    1. Create a guest with all the common options,
    2. create a reference guest -- all the various ways with their
       pro and cons,
    3. create a guest from another ( reference ) guest -- same as 2
       above, and
    4. (un)vunify/(un)vhashify a guest.

for starters. If any other POU's ( plain old user ) on the list have
additional wishes or desires please let me know. Some documentation of
what is actually happening for each of these processes would be great.

There has been a lot of discussion on the list and there is a _load_ of
info on the wiki and web site but most of it comes down to knowing a lot
more about vservers and the kernel than the POU does or wants to.

Later I'd like to add administrative functions:

    - Networking stuff,
    - firewall configuration,
    - private networking,
    - etc.

I am prepared to offer a bounty of US$25 each for 2, 3, and 4 above.

( I'd like to offer more but I'm doing this on my own. I host several
non-profit/not-for-profit web sites -- for free -- on my server and I
need to make it easier for me to admin them. Plus I will be making the
results available to the vserver community. )

Rod