Re: [Vserver] Cloning/Copying ... again!

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Fri 23 Jun 2006 - 23:02:58 BST

Hi there,

on Friday, June 23, 2006 at 6:45:23 PM there was posted:

RAA> Just tried a vyum $REF -- -y remove system-config-date

I had a list of the 'bout 64 rpm's but it seems I've deleted it by
mistake, so sorry:

RAA> Only removed the one package. Looks like I get to build a new one

That's the best way to accomplish this for now, yes.

GF> => http://linux-vserver.org/VServer+installation+Fedora+Core+5#g6
RAA> Hey. Isn't that new?

Yes, rather new. Typed this only by 10th June (2 weeks ago)

RAA> I did the kernel install couple of weeks ago and don't remember
RAA> seeing that. My brain is full. Time to reboot!

Doc's are subject of changes - so always check for the latest version
when working after ;-)

RAA> Great. You got any suggestions on the copying/cloning methods?

See Herbert's reply, it has all in (yes, cp -a will do fine). If you
don't use xid tagging yet, you probably may not need it at all.

--
regards 'n greez,
Guenther Fuchs