Re: [Vserver] Samba in a vserver guest: broadcast problem

From: [eMAXX] sys-admin_at_emaxx.nl <sys-admin_at_emaxx.nl>
Date: Sun 25 Jun 2006 - 08:14:32 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> probably neither nor, try adding the broadcast
> ip (192.168.1.255) to the list of ips assigned
> to the guest (i.e. add another interfaces subdir
> with a nodev entry and the broadcast ip)
>
> let us know if that works for you, and try to
> remove the capabilities once it works ...

Ok I did:

../interfaces/0/dev >> eth0
../interfaces/0/ip >> 192.168.1.8
../interfaces/0/prefix >> 24
../interfaces/0/name >> vs01

../interfaces/1/nodev >> 'empty'
../interfaces/1/ip >> 192.168.27.255

I removed "/etc/vservers/vs01/bcapabilities" (yes, bcapabilities, a typo
in my previous mail) and it still works!! Thanks!

What exactly did I do when adding a second interface with an broadcast
IP adressed to it and why is it working? Does this little 'trick' also
work in a second vserver where I want to run Samba in? (duo time
shortage not yet tried this).

Thanks!

Regards,

Vince.