Re: [Vserver] Re: Samba in a vserver guest: broadcast problem

From: Björn Steinbrink <B.Steinbrink_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun 25 Jun 2006 - 13:03:40 BST

On 2006.06.25 13:35:34 +0200, [eMAXX] sys-admin@emaxx.nl wrote:
> [eMAXX] sys-admin@emaxx.nl wrote:
> >

> >Is running samba servers the way I want to (several vserver guests
> >with each it's own sambaserver) even possible?
> >
> Strangely enough, when I set /etc/vservers/vs02/interface/0/name to
> "vs02" ("name" was not yet there before, but is was for vs01) ... it worked!

Probably the "bind interfaces only" (or whatever it was called) option
causes Samba to parse the ifconfig output or uses the old ioctl
interface to get the data itself. That interface is fixed to show the
vserver's ip address in 2.1.x-rcX (don't remember which rc it was
fixed in), but not in 2.0.x, so Samba cannot determine the ip address
that way, unless the ifa is named (that case works even in 2.0.x).

Björn