Re: [Vserver] Wiki down?

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Mon 26 Jun 2006 - 19:29:54 BST

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>
>> Is there an issue with "vserver.strahlungsfrei.de". I keep getting
>> timeouts and can't get the wiki to show up.
>>
>> While waiting on this; does anyone have some documentation handy on
>> using vhashify and how it works? I've got my first 5 vserver guests
>> created and want(/need?) to do this as most of them will be very similar.
>

> http://linux-vserver.org/alpha+util-vserver has a section on it.

Thanks Daniel.

I'm looking at it right now and trying a vhashify on one of my _less_
strategic guests. Ie. it can be replaced. :-)

I thought I had all the pieces in place but got these three errors:

error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - No such file or directory (2)
error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
Duplicate hash-dir entry '0' found

The first might be the RPM move from Berkley db version 3 to version 4
and so version 3 doesn't get installed. A quick check with rpm shows
only db4. Bug in vhashify or in some RPM libraries is is using?

The second is strange ( unless it is related to the first. ) There are
RPM databases in /var/lib/rpm .

The last I can figure out as somehow both a '0' and '00' got created in
the '/etc/vservers/.defaults/apps/vunify/hash/' directory. I did the 0
and the 00 got ( by date stamp ) created last week when I was building a
'new' guest. So the error is probably coming from the vhashify binary
having trouble by treating the '0' and '00' as numeric instead of as
alphanumeric.

Rod