[Vserver] No /dev/stdin on vserver? (How) can I create new devices?

From: Robert Michel <news_at_robertmichel.de>
Date: Sat 01 Jul 2006 - 12:40:11 BST

Salve,

I use two vserver from different ISPs, but both
do not have a /dev/stdin. Is there a way I can
create it myself?

And BTW, when I try
cp -avp /dev/tty /dev/tty7
I got a feedback that the creating of the special file
/dev/tty7 would not be possible - this operation is
not allowed
"cp: Erzeugen der Spezialdatei »/dev/tty7« nicht möglich: Die Operation
ist nicht erlaubt"
On my non-v-server I can do this.

Could it by that I'm allowed to remove devices, but
not allowed to create one?

Greetings from a sunny Aachen(Europe),
and enjoy your weekend!

rob