[Vserver] DRBD and vservers

From: Martin Fick <mogulguy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat 08 Jul 2006 - 04:09:44 BST

I am cross posting this to both the drbd and the
vserver lists since it seems very relevant to both.

I am using drbd with vservers and I am running into a
problem trying to make drbd devices go secondary, they
report a device busy problem.

I have read everything here, but I do not think this
addresses my problem:
http://linux-vserver.org/advanced+DRBD+mount+issues

I have several vservers and each one has its own drbd
device so that they can be migrated independently from
one host to another. The problem is that when a
vserver is stopped and another vserver which was
started after the first vserver is still running, the
drbd device for the first device remains busy despite
the fact that it is not mounted in any namespace
anymore. It's as if vservers keep a reference to any
filesystems mounted before they were started even if
they are not visible within the vserver? Is there
anyway to fix this? (the /proc/mounts in every
vserver context does not list the filesystem)

I am using debian unstable with the debian kernel
2.6.16-1-vserver-686, the debian vserver tools 0.2.6,
the debian util-vserver 0.30.210.1. The drbd version
is version: 0.7.18 (api:78/proto:74).

Thanks,

-Martin