[Vserver] network isolation implementation - pros and cons

From: Daniel Lezcano <dlezcano_at_fr.ibm.com>
Date: Tue 25 Jul 2006 - 17:31:41 BST

Hi guys,

I am collecting informations concerning existing network
isolation/virtualization done in several container solutions like
openvz, xen, vserver, metacluster, bsd jails, etc ...

The objective is to find the cons and pros for each solutions. For
example, can we do broadcast and multicast between containers on the
same machine ? What is the performance impact ? Is the ressource
management easy to implement ? Is the network more difficult to manage ?
Do we need specific user tools ? If my application does bind
INADDR_ANY:80, can I connect via loopback address ? etc ...

The collected information will be compiled in order to write a paper.

Has someone informations on that ? url ? faq (not vserver) ? or time to
answer ? ;)

Thanks in advance

        -- Daniel