[Vserver] suse in vserver

From: Andrey Khavryuchenko <akhavr_at_kds.com.ua>
Date: Wed 26 Jul 2006 - 16:26:14 BST

Hello,

I'm trying to create suse91 vserver, but getting problems:

$ sudo vserver suse build -m apt-rpm --hostname=suse --interface eth0:xx.xx.xx.xx --context 4106 -- -d suse91
WARNING: you are going to use an rpm-based installation method without
  having an 'initpre' script. Such a script is highly recommend to
  workaround bugs in rpm which can cause messages like

  | error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/bin/X11;42dd8791:

  Please read http://linux-vserver.org/HowToRegisterNewDistributions
  for information how to add support for your own distribution.
E: Could not open file /etc/vservers/suse/apps/pkgmgmt/base/apt/etc/pkgpriorities - open (2 No such file or directory)
E: could not open package priority file /etc/vservers/suse/apps/pkgmgmt/base/apt/etc/pkgpriorities

Copying initpre from /usr/lib64/util-vserver/distributions/template/initpre
and making it executable gives the following:

$ sudo vserver suse build -m apt-rpm --hostname=suse --interface eth0:xx.xx.xx.xx --context 4106 -- -d suse91
E: Could not open file /etc/vservers/suse/apps/pkgmgmt/base/apt/etc/pkgpriorities - open (2 No such file or directory)
E: could not open package priority file /etc/vservers/suse/apps/pkgmgmt/base/apt/etc/pkgpriorities

Debug shows that the problem occurs at the following stage:

++ /usr/sbin/vapt-get /etc/vservers/suse -- update
E: Could not open file /etc/vservers/suse/apps/pkgmgmt/base/apt/etc/pkgpriorities - open (2 No such file or directory)
E: could not open package priority file /etc/vservers/suse/apps/pkgmgmt/base/apt/etc/pkgpriorities
W: Release files for some repositories could not be retrieved or authenticated. Such repositories are being ignored.

This is where my understanding breaks. Inspecting vapt-get code reveals
that it just runs apt-get in the specified namespace.

Am I doing something wrong? Or my distribution/installation lacks
something?

Thanks in advance.

--
Andrey V Khavryuchenko