Re: [Vserver] failed on "vyum gast -- install yum" :-(

From: Guenther Fuchs <vserver_at_muh.at>
Date: Thu 27 Jul 2006 - 18:30:31 BST

Hi there,

on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 5:28:36 PM there was posted:

JP> When I want to install yum package management in my vserver I get
JP> the following error:
JP> Execution will continue in 5 seconds...
JP> Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
JP> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

This seems very much the same problem we had with FC4 - Daniel had a
patch for this, but I can't find it for the moment.

One workaround for this (which I've recently found on your post) is to
place the "yum" package into the distribution base files, certainly
only for building a guest where you want to use internal package
management and therefore want to install yum.

When using the (described) RPM installation off the wiki, the
directory to place the yum package is located in the distributions dir
in /usr/lib/util-vserver/:

# echo yum > /usr/lib/util-vserver/distributions/fc5/pkgs/99

(this will create a file "99" containing the "yum" package only to be
installed on build)

Hopefully Daniel will find some time to reply with the patch, so that
can be included into the howto.

JP> What is wrong ? As anyone been able to install vservers on FC5 ?

I really don't know why this is broken again, it was already working
as I have some FC5 guests built before. Somehow it doesn't work here
either anymore, so it's obviousely due to a fedora patch I guess ...

--
regards 'n greez,
Guenther Fuchs