Re: [Vserver] failed on "vyum gast -- install yum" :-(

From: jehan procaccia <jehan.procaccia_at_int-evry.fr>
Date: Fri 28 Jul 2006 - 23:50:49 BST

Guenther Fuchs wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 at 5:28:36 PM there was posted:
>
>JP> What is wrong ? As anyone been able to install vservers on FC5 ?
>
>There's some problem with yum and chroot, so Daniel decided to change
>the FC5 utils to work in network context of the guest only (security
>reasons). But that led to the mentioned problem if the guest is not
>running on using vyum - so simply start the guest before using vyum,
>then everything should work fine. HowTo was modified accordingly ...

indeed, I started the guest vserver and then it worked :-)
I had also change fedora repositories to point to our local mirrors so I
wasn't sure which of these 2 actions resolved my problem, now I'am
pretty sure that starting the guest was the good one

thanks .

 ps: will it be the definitve way it works from now -> "the FC5 utils
to work in network context of the guest only" ? or is it a temporary
workaround ?