Re: [Vserver] FC4 with apt

From: Roman Pretory <roman.pretory_at_austrianonlines.com>
Date: Tue 15 Aug 2006 - 15:55:47 BST

Roman Pretory wrote:

> RP>> Install Failed
>
> GH>Can't see that, only the line
> RP>> /usr/lib/util-vserver/distributions/fc4/initpost: line 107: 10724
> RP>> Getötet $_VSERVER "$vserver" exec bash -c ': >/tmp/startwait'
> GH> show's an error, which is "half" normal.
>
> half not half it dos't work
> the server did't start and I can't fix it!

DHZ> What doesn't work? vserver ... build doesn't start the guest, it just
DHZ> builds it. You'll have to start it afterwards.

Yes i know correct it don't start it, the meaning was the start after
failes.

> http://www.fedora.is/fedora/core/updates/4/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Die Wartezeit f\xc3\xbcr die
> Verbindung ist abgelaufen')>

DHZ> export LANG=C LC_ALL=C will make errors a lot easier to read for people

DHZ> not speaking your language.

no idea what you mean
also is this not imortant part

> node3 ~ $ vserver fc4 start
> RTNETLINK answers: File exists
> vshelper.init: can not determine xid of vserver 'fc4'; returned value
> was ''
>
> An error occured after executing the vserver startup sequence. This
> means that some processes may exist in the created context and the
> manual execution of
>
> /usr/sbin/vserver '/etc/vservers/fc4' stop
>
> is recommended to fix this.
> node3 ~ $

DHZ> This probably means that the syslog initscript wasn't enabled for
DHZ> whatever reason, and thus no process is started inside the context.

this is clear for me the whatever makes me trouble!
how to fix it?????

> node3 ~ $ vserver fc3 start
> Starting syslog: execvp: No such file or directory
> [FAILED]

DHZ> An strace would probably help here.

please a litle more information here.... "strace"??

Thanks for help
Roman

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson