Re: [Vserver] PPP inside VServer

From: Eugéne Roux <eroux_at_damn.org.za>
Date: Thu 24 Aug 2006 - 20:15:09 BST

Hi Baltasar,

On 24 Aug 2006, at 5:14 PM, Baltasar Cevc wrote:

> I'm not sure, but that may be a priviledge problem - try if it
> works when
> adding the appropirate capabilities if you haven't done so yet (I
> think
> it should be CAP_NET_ADMIN). However adding that capability is a
> security
> issue as the guest is allowed to change too many network settings
> then.

I assumes so initially as well, but since I got little out of the
system, I decided to throw CAPS at it in the hope that I could
tighten up to the express limit it required once I got it working.

I've given it SYS_ADMIN, SYS_TTY_CONFIG, NET_ADMIN and NET_RAW, but
still no go.

> Hope that's a starting point, greetings from Regensburg, Germany

Hey, I'll take any help I can get here...

Cheerio, from a rather cold evening in Cape Town...
        Eugéne