Re: [Vserver] FC5 Install note.

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_acm.org>
Date: Fri 08 Sep 2006 - 21:39:01 BST

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Guenther Fuchs wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> on Friday, September 8, 2006 at 8:37:04 PM there was posted:
>>
>> RAA> If you are using Daniel's repository for a system that you built
>> awhile
>> RAA> ago you should edit your /etc/yum/repos.d/fedora-updates.repo
>> file and
>> RAA> add yum to the exclude line.
>>
>> RAA> You don't want Fedora messing up Daniel's fix to yum so vyum
>> doesn't RAA> complain all the time. :-)
>>
>> I certainly don't - but I've not yet had any problem with that. I'm
>> using Danel's yum-2.6.1-0.fc5.chroot3 on my FC5 building host which
>> never was trying to get updated by a Fedora package, so I can't really
>> see what happend at your side.
>

> As far as I can see there is no newer version available.
>
>> Daniel - what do you think, should yum be added to the "exclude" line
>> same as kernel or do you ensure by using epoch numbers or such that
>> the Fedora packages can't get precene over your's?
>

> No, I'm not using any ugly hacks like that ;) Yeah, I think it belongs
> on the exclude line.

Who did the Fedora Core 5 Install on the wiki? Well someone did add it
( yum ) to the exclude line. I was looking at the 'new' wiki and ended
up back on the old so looked to see what might have changed and noticed
that.

The "View History" on the old wiki sucks a bit. All the dates show last
December. I know my change wasn't then. ( rod.homebydesign.com ).
Since the dates are mostly bogus we get to blame powerfox :-) for the
recent most recent editing and additions. Good job Guenther!

Rod