Re: [Vserver] lvremove: "Can't remove open logical volume"

From: Rik Bobbaers <Rik.Bobbaers_at_cc.kuleuven.be>
Date: Fri 15 Sep 2006 - 10:38:37 BST

Mehdi Bennani wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks a lot, but my lv's are the root of each vserver so I have to stop
> them before umounting, then the namespace is no longer in use and I get:
> vnamespace: vc_enter_namespace(): No such process
>

> Obviously if I try it before stopping the vserver, I get:
> umount: /vservers/vtest3: device is busy

if you stop a vserver, the namespace is gone. so that's never the
problem. but the OTHER running virtual servers still have the dir
mounted in its namespace. that's why my script loops over all the
running namespaces, and unmounts them there.

i just adapted my script to:
gandalf:/var/log# cat /usr/local/bin/unmount_vserver
#!/bin/sh
if [ -n "$1" ]
then
   for i in `ls -1 /proc/virtual | egrep -v 'info|status'`; do
vnamespace -e $i umount $1; done
   umount $1
   exit 0;
fi
exit 1;
EOF

if you use this, you can safely remove the logical volume without having
that problem.
ps. i have the same setup as you... 1 LV per vserver :)

greetz

--
harry
aka Rik Bobbaers