[Vserver] cannot x11 forward with suggested settings

From: Konstantinos Pachopoulos <kostaspaxos_at_yahoo.gr>
Date: Sun 17 Sep 2006 - 21:39:51 BST

Hi,
i cannot ssh forward, through my "ipcop" guest
(10.0.0.6/24). In the host system i have made it
"visible" via "ip addr add 10.0.0.6/24 broadcast + dev
eth0".

Here's what i get when i try to run firestarter or
nedit or xterm for example:

--------------------
ipcop:~# firestarter
X11 connection rejected because of wrong
authentication.
The application 'firestarter' lost its connection to
the display localhost:10.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you
killed/destroyed
the application.
ipcop:~# nedit
X11 connection rejected because of wrong
authentication.
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill
or server shutdown).
--------------------

Here's the /etc/ssh/sshd_config of the "ipcop" server:
--------------------
# Package generated configuration file
# See the sshd(8) manpage for details

# What ports, IPs and protocols we listen for
Port 22
# Use these options to restrict which
interfaces/protocols sshd will bind to
#ListenAddress ::
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
Protocol 2
# HostKeys for protocol version 2
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key
#Privilege Separation is turned on for security
UsePrivilegeSeparation yes

# Lifetime and size of ephemeral version 1 server key
KeyRegenerationInterval 3600
ServerKeyBits 768

# Logging
SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel INFO

# Authentication:
LoginGraceTime 600
PermitRootLogin yes
StrictModes yes

RSAAuthentication yes
PubkeyAuthentication yes
#AuthorizedKeysFile %h/.ssh/authorized_keys

# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
IgnoreRhosts yes
# For this to work you will also need host keys in
/etc/ssh_known_hosts
RhostsRSAAuthentication no
# similar for protocol version 2
HostbasedAuthentication no
# Uncomment if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
RhostsRSAAuthentication
#IgnoreUserKnownHosts yes

# To enable empty passwords, change to yes (NOT
RECOMMENDED)
PermitEmptyPasswords no

# Change to no to disable s/key passwords
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes

# Change to yes to enable tunnelled clear text
passwords
PasswordAuthentication no

# To change Kerberos options
#KerberosAuthentication no
#KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
#AFSTokenPassing no
#KerberosTicketCleanup no

# Kerberos TGT Passing does only work with the AFS
kaserver
#KerberosTgtPassing yes

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10
PrintMotd no
PrintLastLog yes
KeepAlive yes
#UseLogin no

#MaxStartups 10:30:60
#Banner /etc/issue.net

Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/sftp-server

UsePAM yes
X11UseLocalhost no #tried with as suggested and
without

Any ideas? I have been searching for a couple days,
but found nothing. Is this a routing, firewall issue
maybe? I do not know a lot about networking. I hope i
will learn through VServer :)

Thanks