Re: [Vserver] having a routing problem from guests

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Fri 29 Sep 2006 - 17:12:29 BST

On Friday 29 September 2006 11:53, Chuck wrote:
[snip]
> > Lastly iptables is pretty open.
> >
> > The problem is that though I can ping from a different network to both
> > of the host's to IPs and I can ping out from the three guests that use
> > eth0 and I can ping the eth1 guest from a eth0 guest I can't ping from
> > the eth1 guest to the outside world. The cursor just sits there
> > blinking at me. #$%^&* computers. :-)

i had exactly the same symptoms when i first started this .. it only worked
after switching to iproute2 and setting up tables and rules.. suddenly
everything started working with the exception of my current problem of a /23
network not talking to a specific /24 network off the host... it is working
now although i consider it a bandaid until i am assured this is how it is
supposed to work internally.

for redhat-style systems i do not know if iproute2 package replaces the init
scripts and how the syntax works for setting routes and rules... it may have
to be a separate script created with the proper ip route or ip rule
commands..