Re: [Vserver] rebooting from inside

From: Daniel Hokka Zakrisson <daniel_at_hozac.com>
Date: Mon 09 Oct 2006 - 11:51:15 BST

Mehdi Bennani wrote:

>> > reboot -f gives the same result on both init styles
>>
>> Interesting, even with sysv? What is left in the guest at that point?
>

> Actually, with sysv, reboot -f doesn't return any error but the
> vserver doesn't reboot
> (ssh session isn't interrupted and the uptime shown by vserver-stat on
> the host doesn't go back to zero).

Hmm. How did you install the utils? Did you install them by hand? If so,
did you remember to run make install-distribution? (which would install
/sbin/vshelper, the program that executes reboots on behalf of guests)

>> What distribution are you running in your guest?
>>
> Debian Sarge built with "vserver NAME build -m debootstrap -- -d sarge".

My sarge guest reboots fine, with both sysv and plain initstyle.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
GPG id: 06723412