Re: [Vserver] memory usage

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Fri 13 Oct 2006 - 17:15:22 BST

On Friday 13 October 2006 09:33, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2006 at 06:31:21AM -0400, Chuck wrote:
> > is there a way to see how much memory a particular guest is using?
> > maybe something similar to the free command? i have no memory
> > limitations on these first few.
>
> free inside a guest/context is virtualized and
> shows the amount used by the guest

without the virt_mem, i get the same report inside a guest as i get on the
host using free.. it shows all memory usage.. the virt_mem appears to show
only what is being used by that guest when free runs, so this is what i
probably want.

> you can get similar data with either vserver-stat
> and/or the limits proc entry
>
> HTH,
> Herbert
>
> > --
> >
> > Chuck

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book