[Vserver] Help needed for a PAM module

From: Vincent Besse <vincent_at_ouhena.org>
Date: Fri 13 Oct 2006 - 23:20:39 BST

Hello,

I'm writing a pam_vserver module, or should I say _try_ to write a
pam_vserver module. My main goal is to have freeNX server running
inside a vserver and log in directly through the SSH server on the
host. You can get the code at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam-vserver/

Basically it does:
chdir(/path/to/myvserver)
chroot(/path/to/myvserver)
vc_ctx_migrate(ctx_of_myvserver)

myvserver must have been started before.

When I do a 'ssh -X user@myhost' in a xterm, I'm well logged in
myvserver but:
- I have this line in /var/log/auth.log:
Oct 13 22:41:51 myvserver sshd[5276]: error: /dev/pts/7: No such file or
directory
- some commands don't produce any output (i.e ps )
- xterm fails with get_pty: not enough ptys ( DISPLAY=myserver:10.0
nevertheless)
- ipv4root is not set

In myvserver, I have a second SSH server, listening on port 2222. Now,
after being logged with the method above, I do a 'ssh -X -p 2222
user@myvserver' and everything seems fine. I can launch xterms
(DISPLAY=myvserver:11.0), ps is ok and ipv4root is set.

I suppose the main problem relates to the fact that the host sshd can't
find /dev/pts/* inside the vserver. I've tried to use ptsname() before
the chroot() to get the name of the "calling" pty and re-create it in
the vserver, but all I have is Inappropriate ioctl for device. Except
ipv4root, there are no diffs in the /proc/*/{status,vinfo}.

So there I'm a bit...lost :(

Any help would be great.

Best regards

Vincent