Re: [Vserver] Running bind 9.2.4 on Debian Sarge without caps

From: Peter Mann <Peter.Mann_at_tuke.sk>
Date: Tue 24 Oct 2006 - 18:10:37 BST

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 03:52:58PM +0200, Holger Nowak wrote:
> I know that running bind in a vserver guest is a bit problematic, so I
> decided to recompile Bind with linux-caps disabled according to
>
> [1]http://linux-vserver.org/Problematic_Programs#Bind9_on_Debian_GNU.2FLinux_Woody_.283.0.29_and_Sarge_.283.1.29
> and
> [2]http://www.newt.com/debian/acornHOWTO/ (Section bind9)
>
> But I couldn't start named properly. No error messages neither on promt
> nor on syslog occur but the name server isn't running.
>
> If I want to stop the service I receive the well known message:
>
> Stopping domain name service: namedrndc: connect failed: connection
> refused

which kernel and which vserver patch ???

i talk about debian bind9 a few weeks ago with Herbert on irc, but i was
very busy ...

so try 'normal' debian packages WITH enabled linux-caps ... on 2.6.17.11
and vs2.0.2 bind9 can work normally like other programs ... (maybe) ...

i must deeply investigate all my settings ... i have my own recompiled
kernel and my own recompiled bind9 ...

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk